2 comments on “Dropout Yards

    • Gosh, that is a new one. First of all, I’m glad to hear he is not in a gang. Here are some suggestions. Call administration in the facility and ask for the warden. Be sure to document your call. If it is a state facility, call your congressman or woman and tell them. If it is a federal facility call the BOP. You can also email them. Phone # (202) 307-3198. If you email them, you probably will not get an answer. I never have. Email addresses are for the facility he is in.
      He can ask to be put in isolation. I’m not sure that will help, if it is the corrections officers who are mistreating him, but he would be in a different “block” area and would have different correction officers. There are cameras in those areas too.
      I would have him call and tell you about the problems, while you record the call, so you have documentation. Have him name the officers.
      He can send a “kite” (note) to administration in his facility to document the abuse. This may cause him more trouble though if the wrong people get their hands on it.
      Another avenue would be to call your local ACLU and ask them if they can do anything.
      Please let me know how he is doing and if you are able to solve the problem.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s